TEGMA GESTÃO LOGÍSTICA S.A. (“TEGMA”), an integrated logistics services company and leader in the new-vehicle transport segment for the automotive industry, pursuant to Paragraph 4, Article 157 of Law 6,404/1976 (as amended) and to Article 2 of CVM instruction 358/2008 (as amended), hereby informs the Securities and Exchange Commission of Brazil (CVM), the São Paulo Stock Exchange (BOVESPA), its shareholders and the general market of the following.
1. On August 11, 2008, it entered into an agreement (“Acquisition Agreement”) with COOPERATIVA DOS TRANSPORTADORES DE VEÍCULOS E DE CARGAS EM GERAL (“CTV”) and its partners, among other parties, for the acquisition by TEGMA of the business operated by CTV (“Aquisition”).
2. Among the conditions typical in operations of this nature, the implementation of the Acquisition is subject to the financial, operational and legal audits of CTV to confirm commercial positions, as well to approval by TEGMA’s Board of Directors.
3. Based on the commitment of its shareholders to reciprocal cooperation, CTV will execute vehicle road transport services focused on the transport of vehicles to the Midwest and North regions of Brazil. During fiscal year 2007, CVT transported 48,869 (forty-eight thousand, eight hundred sixty-nine) new vehicles to these regions, for gross revenue of approximately R$100,000,000.00 (one hundred million reais).
4. The acquisition is in line with TEGMA’s long-term strategy of expanding its transport logistics operations to the Midwest and North regions.
5. TEGMA informs that the Acquisition Agreement contains clauses typical to similar operations, that the information disclosed here reflects the current stage of the negotiations related to the Acquisition and that, in line with the standards of information and transparency adopted by TEGMA, the company will publicly inform the CVM, BOVESPA, its shareholders and the general market of the development of the negotiations concerning this Acquisition.
São Bernardo do Campo, August 12, 2008
Investor Relations Officer
For further information, click here.